Great minds discuss ideas,Mediocre minds discuss events, Small minds discuss people.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why I don't Listen

Like all women ,my wife has often told me that I do not listen.Lately my daughter has started saying the same.Well, I do accept that I am a typical Piscean who is a dreamer, and very often my mind is wandering in the meadows,irrespective of my physical presence at a place.In many of the personality assessment exercises that I have done in the MBA course, the message comes out loud and clear that not only I do not listen, but I show signs of lack of assertiveness as well.On doing some self assessment, I realise that 'not listening' is more on account of inability to concentrate on the task at hand, rather than because of having pre-conceived notions on issues.I wish I had a remote that could pinch me every 10 minutes as a reminder.Since self awareness is the first step to change, I hope to improve.   

3 comments:

  1. all the best for self improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice posts......i can't say any one in particular.....but going by the aggregations i like them! :)

    ReplyDelete