Great minds discuss ideas,Mediocre minds discuss events, Small minds discuss people.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Daily Trading

Lately I have fallen prey to the dangers of daily trading in equities. While I keep my targets low, and exit without making a loss, and aftermaking some profit, I do wonder if it is really worth it.On the positive side it gives me a lot of satisfaction at having hit the bull's eye,but on the negative side I feel that if I put a value to my time, I am actually making a loss.But what is my time's worth.It will depend on the salary that I draw from my employer.If I do not earn about Rs 600 every hour that I trade , I am actually making a loss,because I end up misusing my employer's time.For students it could be the waste of their parent's hard earned money.I do not know if I am thinking in the right direction, but that's what comes to my mind today.And also consider the risk that comes with trading.Investing, I think, is a better option, since you do not have to be glued to the ticker.

2 comments:

  1. 2500 an hour.. that is 25000 rupees a day... where on earth do u get a salary like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out the error. It should be about 600 an hour.with the CTC about double of that.But still not worth it.

    ReplyDelete